From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Tim
O'Connor
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 11:05 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Rail Yards in Ohio

Frank are you sure? I looked up SOHIO's history online and for many years
it was not permitted to do business outside of Ohio -- but it dominated the
business within the state of Ohio (like 70%-80% of the market)! I think the
restrictions were relaxed later, or they found a way to conduct business
via subsidiary companies. But in Bill's pre-war photos, I think the SOHIO
signs are a very strong indicator of Ohio.

Tim

Bill, If everyone thinks the photo was taken in Ohio, it probably was,
but Standard of Ohio
also marketed in Michigan, Indiana, and Kentucky. Their primary territory
was, of course, Ohio.
FHP (Frank H. Peacock)