Re: Why not model actual train consists?

Tim O'Connor

????????????

Elden

I have seen dozens of consist lists posted here (conductor's books)
and I have bought conductors' books on Ebay. Friends have given me a
number of modern consist printouts. I think this stuff mostly got
thrown out, like a lot of railroad paper, because people thought it
had no value.

Handful of train consists, indeed!

Tim O'Connor

It's because only a handful of actual train consists survived. In at least
one big example, they were routinely destroyed to keep shipper info and etc
falling into the wrong hands. I have only seen portions of a few, usually
odd, examples, for my RR, and it doesn't begin to satisfy the needs for my
time and locale.

Elden Gatwood