From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
al_brown03
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:00 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Reading Box Car

Wow, what a beauty! Check out the fishbelly underframe, unusual arch bar
trucks, and Youngstown replacement door.

36' box, RDG class XMp, built 1912-1913.
ORER series is 11550-13549, 987 cars 1/43, 33 cars 1/53.
Builder's photo: Kaminski, "AC&F", p 163 (the end straps were original
equipment, as were those trucks); order said to be 1000 cars, so the ORER
may have combined orders into one series.
Two photos of a covered-hopper conversion (you 'eard!): Bossler, "RDG Color
Guide", p 63.
End-on in-service shot: Pietrak, "Coudersport & Port Allegancy and New York
& Pennsylvania", p 67.

If I were building that, I might kitbash it from a Roundhouse old-timer box
body, and a shortened Accurail reefer underframe. Not sure what to do about
the trucks, might cheat and give it more modern ones. (The covered hoppers
mentioned above have AAR cast trucks.)

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> , "railfan"
<rdglines@...> wrote:

Hi,
Just saw this photo on ebay of a Reading wood box car and was wondering if
anyone give any info on it? And are there any models in HO scale that would
be close to modeling it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390316223052>
&item=390316223052