Re: Freight car siding

endeimling@...

I have scribed my own siding material back in the olda
days (pre-Evergreen). I used a "Kohliner" mechanical
line spacer to properly space the lines. I believe the
false T-G siding is 5.25" wide with a false groove in
the center. This would make the apparent boardwidth
narrower than the normal 3.25" board width found on most
cars.

Gene

Buck sez again:

You are welcome; however, apparently you have found the line between
to the two points to be straighter than imagined previously. It
usually takes me a couple of cups of coffee.

I will point out that what Charlie M. sez about the styrene scriber
from Micro Mark should make all take note...these are VERY handy and
there's always that need for some sort of something like this once in
awhile.

Buck Dean
Lexington, KY