From: Ed Hawkins
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Looking for builder's photo of PS-1, NH 35149

On May 31, 2011, at 3:08 PM, Bryan Busséy wrote:

> Since I don't have that volume, I must have it in reprint form such as
> the Train Shed Cyclopedia or Railway Prototype Cyclopedia. Thanks for
> the info.

Bryan,
The builder's photo has never been published in RP CYC mainly because
the image isn't available from any known sources of Pullman-Standard
builder's photos, such as the Smithsonian Haskell & Barker Collection
at the Smithsonian Institution or the Andrew Merrilees Collection at
the National Archives of Canada. The latter collection includes
numerous photos that were published in Simmons-Boardman publications
including the Car Builders' Cyclopedia.

While it's not a builder's photo, I have an excellent photo of NH 35517
taken of a new car built 5-48 from the same series. The photo was taken
by George Sisk, and I obtained a print from Charles E. Winters many
years ago. This photo was published on page 26 in the July 1987 Model
Railroading Magazine.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins