Tanks et al

tgmadden <tgmadden@...>

Vertical courses. Overland and W&R did some. But I have to concur
with Byron, plastic is the way to go with riveted tank cars.

Or resin. I'm finding this thread increasingly frustrating, because if
someone on this list has the ability to make just one really good riveted
tank, the "availability" problem for that design (at least for the members
of this list) goes away. The tank body as molded by InterMountain is a
drop-dead easy one to cast in resin, what with its straight-walled internal
cavity. The dome could even be cast in place. If anyone's interested they
can contact me for guidelines on designing for casting.

What's needed is an end to the hand-wringing and for one or more of us to
step up and build good masters. We shouldn't have to wait for Frank Hodina,
or the undefined "someone else", to do everything.

Tom M. tgmadden@worldnet.att.net