Re: NYC PS-2 covered hopper...

al_brown03

There's a photo of NYC 882058 in Henderson, "Classic Freight Cars, vol 4," p 39; NYC 882368 appears in Sweetland and Yanosey's NYC color guide, p 52. There is, indeed, a centered rib.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@..., "Steve Lucas" <stevelucas3@...> wrote:

Can anyone refer me to a photo of the NYC 882050-882649 series PS-2 two-bay covered hopper cars built by Pullman-Standard in 1953? I have the Atlas HO car (which needs its ladders replaced with D/A P-S ladders) and
C-D-S lettering for it.

I'm particularly curious if this series had a vertical rib of the same style as the others located in the very centre of the car side. PS-2 two-bay hoppers that I've seen photos of do not have a rib in this location.

With thanks in advance,

Steve Lucas.