OMI two dome tank car

spsalso

The subject of this model last came up, as far as I can find out, on this list back in '04. I thought I would myself submit it again.

The model is OMI-3230, described on the box as GATC 10,000 Gal. Tank Car, Insulated, Double Dome Built 1930.

I've placed a photo of the model in the photo section in the folder "OMI two dome tank car"

The discussion in '04 was pretty much wrapped up by this comment by Mr. Hendrickson:

"Ted, the prototype for this model was a car that Tom Marsh found intact but
out of service in the Chicago area. Its last owner had been a private
shipper (a chemical co., IIRC) which didn't exist during the era this list
covers, so the car was obviously second-hand. I've never seen a photo of a
car of this design in revenue service. 10,000 gal. two-compartment tank
cars were extremely rare, whether insulated or not."

So, 7 years later, I'm wondering if there's any more info on this car. Or a photo (even if it is post-list). It's a cute little thang, and someday I'd like to paint and letter it up. I suppose I might have to end up doing some sort of generic GATX job on it, but it'd be nice to have it right.

Ed

Edward Sutorik