Re: OMI two dome tank car

spsalso

"A more likely cargo would have been to carry transformer oils (contain
PCP)when the utilities were having to get rid of them and use more benign
fluids."

This tank car must have been built way before utilities "had to get rid of them" (although it could have been used for exactly that purpose in later years, I suppose).

Also, note that the car was insulated. If it brought in fuel for generators, would that have needed an insulated tank? I see on the end of the tank what looks like hookups for heating coils, too. I also suspect that the car was for outbound service; as I would think that for an inbound direction, the supplier would supply the car. But......

If this car were freelanced into wine service, the use of the heating coils doesn't bode well for the quality of the wine.

Ed

Edward Sutorik