Re: OMI two dome tank car

spsalso

Wait a sec. Someone pointed out that the car may have been withdrawn from service (interchange). If that were the case, the car could have sat on a siding somewhere untouched for a very long time. And not have the TILX painted out. And be photographed much later than the early thirtiesl If it went over to GATX, though, I would think it would have had the reporting marks changed. So, then, needle-in-a-haystack time--finding a photo or other info with OMI 3230 in GATX lettering/service.

I've gotta say it's pretty neat how the folks on the list have helped put a story together about this one item. Yes, very nice.

Ed

Edward Sutorik