Re: OMI two dome tank car

Tim O'Connor

The photo is credited to Gerritsen, not Marsh.
True, but that doesn't indicate who the photographer was. There's
a photo just below credited to Bob's Photo. As someone who lent a
number of negatives to Bob to make prints, I can tell you that in
the era of this advertisement, Bob barely had a clue where most of the
photos in his inventory had come from.

There would be no particular reason to remove lettering just because
a car was removed from interchange service and "stored".
True, but since I think the photo was most likely taken many years after
the car was listed for NIPX, it seems unlikely that the lettering would
be in such good condition if it was the original lettering.