Re: Complaint

byronrose@...

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:12:08 -0000 "Max Robin" <m_robin@cheatriver.com>
writes:
Welcome back Byron!!

And just what size were the rivets used on the thousands of channel
side hoppers on the WM to secure the channels to the side sheets and

framing?
Thank you Max.

As I recall from the 2-3 WM channel sides that I saw several years ago in
Harrisburg, the rivets are slightly larger than the ones used in box car
siding. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say they were probably 1/2"
rivets with a full 1" diameter head. In HO modeling terms, the NWSL
.010" rivet set would be awful close, especially after painting.

I recently saw a GA drawing of WMs built in the 30s but didn't have time
to study such details. If I get another chance, I'll let you know.

Or, next time I'm in H'burg, I could measure them on the cars still
extant, those being of the 1952 rebuilt variety. I will probably be
there this spring.

Byron
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.