Re: Working with Jerry Glow's decals

Jim Williams <wwww5960@...>

Pierre ...Never used Jerry Glow decals but on others I take a pin or a sharp #11 point and perforate the decal in those areas and give them several solvaset applications

________________________________
From: Pierre <pierre.oliver@start.ca>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, July 8, 2011 2:12 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Working with Jerry Glow's decals

Gentlemen,
I'm having a bit of a struggle with the decals from Jerry Glow and I'm hoping that some of you have additional insight into dealing with these decals.
Jerry has been helpful in directing me to information site about working with his decals, but the solutions offered have not produced the desired results.
The issue appears to be that the ink used doesn't soften with setting solution, thus the decal won't conform to rivets in my case. I've used Microscale's product and Solvaset. In fact the Solvaset has caused a little of the ink to run.
It was suggested that applying hot water to the surface of the decal and pressing down with a tissue would help. And it did partially. But I'm still not pleased with the final results.
So I'm open to suggestions to get these decals to behave. The artwork is delightful and I would like to use more of his product line if I can resolve this problem.
Thanks,
Pierre Oliver