Re: DAS box Car

Larry Kline

This thread also gave me a bit of a concern because I have an O scale Champ decal set I plan to use because a DSS&A box car appears in the Bill Pice WM video. The reporting marks in the Champ set are DSS&A, not DSA.

I looked in my 4-51 ORER. It does say that the Duluth, South Shore & Atlantic's reporting marks are "DSA" However, the next line says: "The freight cars of this company are marked DSS&A." The 7-47 and 1-59 ORERs say the same thing.

The 1-43 ORER says "The freight cars of this company are marked DSA or DSS&A."

The 6-29 and 4-38 ORERs give the reporting marks as DSS&A.

Larry Kline
Pittsburgh, PA

Jerry Glow said:
This thread gave me a bit of a concern as I do a couple decal sets for them including a riveted side PS-1. The pictures I worked from and my sets use DSS&A. I wonder if it has changed over the years as my area of interest was transition era.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, <tmolsen@...> wrote:

Pete Silcox is correct is stating that the Duluth, South Shore & Atlantic's reporting marks are "DSA". This is confirmed by the Official Railroad Equipment Registers that I have going back 70 years.

Examination of the registers that I have do not list a reporting mark "DAS" for any railroad or private operator.

Thomas M. Olsen