Re: Help needed

Armand Premo

The conductor was "Pee Wee" Stone.I have been able to decipher most of his wheel reports,but this one really has me stumped.Armand Premo.

----- Original Message -----
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 6:49 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Help needed

Hi Armand,

The 1/43 and 1/53 ORERs say StL&BE's cars were used in interchange, but 6700-6744 were hoppers, and it had no boxcars. StL&BE's listing says its cars were lettered "St.L.& B.E." or "St.L.& B.E.Ry.", but the lists of official reporting marks don't show the road, nor anything at all ending in "BE".

Did the conductor say what the car was loaded with? If coal, maybe it was a hopper after all; otherwise, it must've been someone else's but I have no idea whose. If I get time tonight I'll see who had 6700-series boxcars.

-- apologies --

-- AL B.

--- In STMFC@..., "Armand Premo" <armprem2@...> wrote:
>
> Al the unintelligible lettering was on a loaded box car.Would the StL & Belleville Electric send car off line?Armand Premo
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: al_brown03
> To: STMFC@...
> Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 5:33 PM
> Subject: [STMFC] Re: Help needed
>
>
>
> "SL", maybe? The St Louis & Belleville Electric had twin hoppers numbered 6700-6744.
>
> Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.
>
> --- In STMFC@..., "appremo" <armprem2@> wrote:
> >
> > I have been trying to decipher a conductor's handwriting on a 1950 wheel report.The first 2 or 3 letters are intelligible, the last 2 are B E.The car number is 6706.Any ideas? Armand Premo
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> Internal Virus Database is out of date.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 9.0.891 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3235 - Release Date: 11/03/10 04:36:00
>
>
>
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Internal Virus Database is out of date.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.891 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3235 - Release Date: 11/03/10 04:36:00

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.