Re: CONX 19 question

pullmanboss <tcmadden@...>

Looks like narrow gauge. The C&S typically carried a Conoco tank on its Clear Creek (Georgetown Loop) line, so it wouldn't be surprising to see one on its South Platte (Kenosha Pass) line. I think they were empty and served as "rolling billboard" advertisements for Conoco.

Tom Madden

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "tnbirke@..." <tnbirke@...> wrote:

I found this photo of CONX 19 (incorrectly labeled as a Texaco car) in the Denvr Public Library collection:

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/p15330coll22&CISOPTR=19898&CISOBOX=1&REC=6

Since it has a wooden underframe, it was an ARA Class I car, if I read the specifications correctly. Has anyone else found this image and is perhaps able to read the stencilling on the right side?

Tom Birkett
Bartlesville, OK