Re: CONX 19 question

Dennis Storzek

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "tnbirke@..." <tnbirke@...> wrote:

I found this photo of CONX 19 (incorrectly labeled as a Texaco car) in the Denvr Public Library collection:

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/p15330coll22&CISOPTR=19898&CISOBOX=1&REC=6

Since it has a wooden underframe, it was an ARA Class I car, if I read the specifications correctly. Has anyone else found this image and is perhaps able to read the stencilling on the right side?

Tom Birkett
Bartlesville, OK
That appears to be a narrow gauge car. First off, the gauge of the wheels is only
about one half the tank diameter. Secondly, the coupler shank is notched through the end sill, a feature that was common on the Colorado NG, but rare in standard gauge car construction.

Dennis