Re: Climax radial roof

jerryglow2

The roof, sides and ends are all one molding

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, tgregmrtn@... wrote:

I wonder if these roof are available separately as I could see a bash to
the UP -40-10 that would give us this roof.

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

In a message dated 7/24/2011 6:03:12 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
eric@... writes:

Atlas has produced the 1932 ARA steel box car in HO scale with a number of
different roof hardware. I have not checked my models, but the roof may be
a separate part. A couple of models were produced with a radial roof on
the last batch imported late last year. I think this C&O car has the Climax
Radial roof.
_http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/HOFreightCars/ho1932boxcar/0610/20000918_TQ.j
pg_
(http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/HOFreightCars/ho1932boxcar/0610/20000918_TQ.jpg)

They also offer a Norfolk Southern car with a slightly different roof. Is
this the Chicago-Viking radial roof?
_http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/HOFreightCars/ho1932boxcar/0610/20000922_TQ.j
pg_
(http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/HOFreightCars/ho1932boxcar/0610/20000922_TQ.jpg)

An Erie car was produced on an earlier run with this same radial roof.
_http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/HOFreightCars/ho1932boxcar/1108/20000324_TQ.j
pg_ (ht
tp://www.atlasrr.com/Images/HOFreightCars/ho1932boxcar/1108/20000324_TQ.jpg)

I don't recall discussion on this list about the prototype fidelity
regarding the roofs of these Atlas models.

Eric

Eric Hansmann
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
... for now ...