Re: Walthers and the FGE/WFE/BRE Mechanical reefers built in the mid-1950's-HELP WANTED

Schuyler Larrabee

Bill . . .

Sometimes it takes me a while to integrate the professional life I lead with
the modeling side. My office recently had an entire building, about 70,000
SF two story gymnasium and offices laser scanned for the purpose of creating
CAD drawings of the plans and elevations. The cost, about $28K, was not
peanuts, at was cheap compared to sending out a bunch of colledge
grad-u-ates at slave prices to get going with the tape measures and sketch
pads. And it took them two days, providing us incredible detail in the
bargain.

I am inclined to think that this same process could easily be used to scan a
freight car. The actual product from the process above was a three-d
electronic model of the building. The same could be accomplished for the
freight car. It would probably take about two hours, and would cover ALL
surfaces of the car . . .

I may make an exploratory phone call tomorrow . . .

SGL