Re: Morton running boards

O Fenton Wells

Bud, The Southern railway was a big user of Morton "Open Grip" running
boards. The first 50 foot boxcars to be equi8ped with them were
41500-41549, 40200-40249 and 41500-41549. These runnning boards were also
used on 40 foot boxcars and bay window cabooses. I have the car numbers
that used Morton Rrunning boards in 1956 and can send them to you off line
if needed.
Hope this helps
Fenton Wells
On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 9:05 PM, john66h <john66h@...> wrote:

**

--- In STMFC@..., "Bud Rindfleisch" <BlackDiamondRR@...>
wrote:

Gents,
I'm trying to find out where I can find out which cars used the Morton
round hole running boards, except the PFE series of reefers, already have
that info. Looking particularly for 40' & 50' boxcars and covered hoppers.
Bud,

Have you been to the Steam Era Freight Cars sight and checked the boxcar
data there? If not, here is a link...

http://www.steamfreightcars.com/prototype/frtcars/protofrtcarsmain.html

-John Hile

--