Re: NKP box car

al_brown03

"Cast-steel double truss." MM 2/90 p 36, RMJ 11/99 p 26. They appear spring plankless (photo in RMJ reference).

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@..., "Clark and Eileen" <cepropst@...> wrote:

I showed my historical society support by buying a Branchline box car from the Nickel Plate HS. I looked at the list Ed Hawkins put on the Steam Freights website finding these cars (7100 series) had Ajax hand brake, Apex running boards, older Youngstown doors and 8 rung ladders.

What wasn't in the fine copulation was the type of truck these cars rode on. Anyone know?

Thanks for any help : ))
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa