Re: Tools

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

The exquisite flush-cut Swiss PBL sprue cutters (Utica) are no longer listed nor apparently available, although similar fine Swiss cutters are still available at hefty prices through jewelers supply houses.

Micro-Mark leaped on the PBL bandwagon and produced their own competing -and utterly worthless (worthless!)- Pakistan sprue cutters at close to half the PBL price. Whether or not flooding the market with these cheap dull-as-table-knives knock-offs forced PBL from the market, I know not, but it is at least a coincidence that one disappears after the the other hits the market.

I guard my PBL cutters and reserve their use for situations where other tools will not work.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento