Re: Retaining valves for freight cars

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

The PSC valves are the best (as accurately -as always- pointed out to me some years ago by Mont Switzer). Purchase them in sufficient numbers so that you do not have to go back to the well more than once every couple of years or more. I drill them through with #80, insert wire "piping" -0.008" or 0.010"- to use as a "handle" (thanks to Tim O'Connor), secure with ACC, and then use a tiny drop of Barge Cement to first hold in place, and then securely cement the indexing pin on the back of the valve into a prepared hole on the car end.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach, MD
Okoboji, Iowa