Greetings all, pardon the multiple postings as we announce the:

Northeastern Fallen Flags
Prototype Modelers Meet

9AM – 6 PM, October 1, 2011
Ted Blum 4-H Center
310 Milltown Road
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Admission is $20.00 in advance / $25.00 at the door

The fourth annual Northeast Fallen Flags Prototype Modelers Meet will take place on Saturday, October 1, 2011, at the Ted Blum 4-H Center, 310 Milltown Road, Bridgewater, NJ, 08807. This spacious venue, just off of NJ Route 202, is also easily accessible from Interstates 78 and 287. Admission is $20.00 in advance ($25.00 at the door) and includes a hot Italian Lunch buffet at 1 PM. Also, a 4-H club will be selling a Continental Breakfast of Coffee, Tea, Muffins, Bagels and Danish from 9 until 11:30 AM; soft drinks and coffee will be available throughout the day for a small donation.

This gathering is a full day of clinics, model displays, vendors, a "Tracky Tray" auction (please donate new items, proceeds benefit 4-H), a great lunch and a chance for modelers to get together and bring any models they are working on or have finished, for display and discussion and learning. The model display is the heart of any RPM meet, so bring your work to show around. There are plenty of tables set to a comfortable height for viewing. We are working on Friday night and/or Sunday afternoon layout tours also.

The current line-up of clinicians includes:

Craig Bisgeier
"Researching and Modeling Truss Bridges"
Jim Dalberg
"Modeling Anthracite Roads"
Ralph DeBlasi
"Paint Schemes of the Lehigh Valley Railroad"
Ron Giordani and Mike Gossman
"Railfanning in the ConRail Era"
Jim Harr
"The "New" Modeler – modifying built-up freight cars for greater accuracy"
Mike McCann
"There Used to be a Railroad There – a study of NJ Fallen Flags through aerial photography"
Dave Messer
"Developing a Prototype Operating Scheme for the PRR Northeast
Division – Part 2"
Henry Freeman (tentative)
"An Introduction to Prototype Research"

The current vendor line-up includes:

Stella Scale Models – structure kits
Shortline Hobbies – kits, tools, supplies, etc
Outer Station Project – books
Rocket Express – cast resin freight car kits
Amesville Shops – cast resin freight car kits
Abacus Model Works – cast resin freight car kits
Mike Gossman - slides

Please visit our website at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/neffrpm/ and our Facebook page at http://tinyurl.com/2cgcroh to sign up for the latest news. If you have a presentation or clinic you would like to show, or would like to inquire about vending, please contact us at neffrpm@... or leave a message with Jim Harr of Stella Scale Models at 908-797-0534.

To register, please make your $20.00 check payable to the Somerset County 4-H Association, and mail to: NEFF RPM c/o Stella Scale Models, PO Box 121, High Bridge, NJ 08829-0121. Be sure to include an e-mail or postal address for a confirmation letter. If you would like a PDF of the registration form, reply by e-mail request to the above address.

Jim Harr
High Bridge, NJ