Re: Flat car model

Jim Hayes

Didn't this start out as a M&StL flatcar project that morphed into an MP
project?
The M&StL version is fine with me.

Jim

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:00 AM, <cepropst@q.com> wrote:

**

As of right now there's a glitch. I took Frank Hodina's word that these
cars were all alike. The WP and MP cars and M&StL as built had narrow decks,
meaning only as wide as the sides. The drawings Chad used (I supplied) were
for the M&StL cars which were modified with a deck the width of the stake
pockets. So there are brackets along the top of the sides added for support.
Also it appears from my [extremely] limited photos that the MP cars had a
different stake pocket casting.

Chad would need to make another master for the MP and WP cars. I haven't
heard if he will do that yet.

Stay tuned....

Clark Propst

--- In STMFC@..., Jon Miller <atsf@...> wrote:

Will this kit do the M&StL (built '31) or are they different. Also
are decals available? This may have been stated and I missed it.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941