Re: PRR NC Caboose and KTM 48' straightside Gondola

John H <sprinthag@...>

Jace,

If you can't find "Road of Anthracite" lettering, I can whip up a decal set. Almost all the cars lettering is readable on the photo linked to the Fallen Flags site. All i will need besides some help or other photos of the very smallest lettering (like the repack data, etc.) and the dimensions of the car, unparticular the height of the sides and the width between uprights.

I draw all new artwork using vector graphics for my sets. Set like this would run probably $16.50 plus postage in O scale.

John Hagen

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Justin Kahn <harumd@...> wrote:

I'm sorry if I wasn't clearer: I already own a Car Works NC, looks to be nicely factory-painted (or one of the best custom jobs I've seen in a long while) for prototype,
so I don't need drawings. Larry's authoritative dating does mean I shall not be able to use my new toy promiscuously, since most of my equipment is 1940's-1950's.

And he also caught what I had just written (using his listing on Ted Culotta's site) about the WM gondolas. Unless someone else comes up with a really hot prospect
otherwise, it looks as if my #401 is going to get painted black and I need to start looking for "Road of Anthracite" lettering.

Jace Kahn, General Manager
Ceres and Canisteo RR Co.t

1b. Re: PRR NC Cabooses (and Bobbers in general)
Posted by: "Richard Glueck" richard.glueck@... richard.glueck
Date: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:48 pm ((PDT))

Are you looking for drawings of PRR bobbers?

On Aug 17, 2011, at 10:39 PM, Justin Kahn wrote:
I recently acquired a very nice Car Works NC bobber in O scale and wonder how late these were used, and which divisions, say, after WWII, if
in fact, they were used that late.
Posted by: "Larry Kline" lndkline@...
These cars had fishbelly sides. There is a photo that I posted in the STMFC photos section. The album name is "WM 52001-52362."
Jim Wolf wrote:
Only match for this car I've found is a Western Maryland car:
WM 52001 - 52363, 48'6" i.l., 3'0" i.h. 13 panel, straight sides, drop ends, wood floor straight (not fishbelly) underframe.
Posted by: "Larry Kline" lndkline@... bowestym
Date: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:37 am ((PDT))

The last PRR Equipment List that I have that lists NC cabins is dated 1-1-1932. NC cabins are not listed in the PRR Equipment List for 1-1-33.
Larry Kline