Re: Intermountain 1958 Covered Hopper

Richard Hendrickson

On Aug 31, 2011, at 7:55 AM, Douglas Harding wrote:

Does anyone know the prototype for the InterMountain HO 1958 cu ft
covered
Hopper? Is if ACF, GA or P-S? I ask because they offered it in a
M&StL paint
scheme that is accurate for a series of cars the M&StL bought in
1940 from
GA.
Doug, the IM covered hopper represents an AC&F car, but General
American and Greenville built cars that were essentially identical
apart from some minor detail differences. I recently modified one to
represent a Union Pacific CH-70-1 which was built in late 1940 by
GATC, and all I had to do was replace the running board (the
prototype car had a wood rather than steel grid running board) and
modify the hatch cover latch mechanisms to represent the somewhat
different GATC versions.

Richard Hendrickson