Re: Westerfield Kits - Heinz Vinegar Tank

Frank Pearsall

Good afternoon:

I have two sets of drawings in quarter-inch:

H.J. Heinz Pickle Tankcar
H.J. Heinz Vinegar Tankcar

These drawings are from the Heinz Company and are dated in 1941. Contact me off list for ordering info.

Frank A. Pearsall
Brevard, N.C.

On Aug 31, 2011, at 1:56 PM, O Fenton Wells wrote:

On the subject of vinegar tanks for you Southern fans, on the lower half
of page 46 of the book "Southern Railway System, a pictorial" by Doug
Nuckles and Curt Tillotson Jr., there is a picture of what looks like
a vinegar tank (I think), the first car behind Southern F7A (4187)leaving
Oxford NC at O&H junction. According to the authors the "pickle" car is
comming from a plant in Henderson NC. I wonder if the authors had other
pictures showing a better photo of the car that didn't make it into the
book?

FYI
Fenton Wells