From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of
Pierre
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 10:02 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Westerfield Kits - Heinz Vinegar Tank

So I've seen now multiple references to the "difficulties" in building the
vinegar tank car kit from Sunshine.
While it is indeed not a first timer kit, nor is it a simple kit, I feel that
it is unfairly getting a reputation as a massively difficult kit. I've now
built 3 of them and between reading Bill Darnaby's suggested building process
and just plain thinking it through, 3 rather nice cars have resulted. If you
approach the task logically it's really not that difficult.
And I can further state without hesitation, that there are other resin kits
out there that are far worse and very badly thought out by the kit maker.
I guess, I'm asking/suggesting that we reconsider "bashing " the vinegar tank
car kit.
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com

--- In STMFC@... <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> , "Schuyler
Larrabee" <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote:

I believe our own Denny Anspach is a veteran of the wars required to
build one of the Sunshine cars.

SGL

If you look on Al's website you will find that Al produced a number of
pickle cars, but no vinegar cars. The Vinegar car that Sunshine
produced is so complex that even Ted Culotta had a time building it.
He did a great job with it, but it is not a kit for the newbie to
build nor for the faint hearted.

Tom Olsen
Newark, Delaware, 19711

=======