From: lnbill
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2011 5:03 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: FGE in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York

Tim

Your question gets at the heart of just one of the many questions I am trying to sort out about FGE operations. They would have been carrying Cranberries headed west and south, hence possibly the reason for the facility at Oak Brook. (What else were they growing in Conn. and Mass., anyone?) Another seeming anomaly: the B&O had a "Regular, All Year, Initial & Re-Icing" facility at St George on Staten Island. I am trying to figure out what they were growing on Staten Island that the SIRT railroad and the B&O were shipping out.

A Reference Librarian at Cornell's Mann Library, their Agricultural Library, is trying to help me with such questions about New York produce.

Bill Welch