Combining paint types

Bob Sterner

I'm playing around with some color combinations using paints of different types. To get a certain hue I dearly want to overspray a Tamiya lacquer over a Scalecoat undercoat. I know this doesn't work on Scalecoat II because it crazes. I haven't tried Scalecoat I. I'm just learning about advice never to apply lacquers over enamels or acrylics. For example:

http://www.naritafamily.com/howto/paint.htm

Does anyone here know which type (lacquer, enamel or acrylic) are Scalecoat I and Scalecoat II? I know these use lacquer thinner but I'm not sure if that means they are truly lacquers.

Bob Sterner
St. Paul, MN