From: "Joseph Lofland" <jjlofland@gmail.com>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] L&HR NE caboose re-sheathing

Check out

Bethlehem Car Works and JJLModels for caboose kits that you could use.

Joe Lofland

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Peter Ness <prness@roadrunner.com> wrote:

**

Hi,
Although I am modeling the New Haven Railroad, I want to run DL&W, LNE,
L&HR and Erie consists into Maybrook (only one train each, from staging for
interchange - and sorry, the Old & Weary was gone by '59).

I have the old RMC series of articles on the NE cabooses of the LNE& L&HR
and I've checked as many references on line to no avail, so I'm asking this
group if anyone can answer the following;

Were the L&HR NE cabooses (blt by Reading, etc) re-sheathed in plywood in
1959 or earlier. Later is obviously beyond the scope of this group and
doesn't matter to me in any case.

Also, while I'm at it, does any one know a source for the diamond tread
roofwalk in HO scale? I have some old cast metal Alloy Forms (I think)
material and I am thinking about using this to emboss 0.005" styrene sheet
unless there is a commercial product of which I'm not aware.

Thanks in advance,
Peter Ness