From: donstrack <donstrack@comcast.net>
To: STMFC <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Sep 18, 2011 11:58 am
Subject: [STMFC] Pressed Steel Car Company Records

Can someone point me to a source for build records of Pressed Steel Car Company.
They sold at least two separate series of riveted steel, sealed-bottom cars to
Utah Copper Company; one series in 1929 (photo of UCCX 599 new) and another
series in 1937 (photo of UCCX 719 new).

I am unsure of the number series involved, and would like to look at some sort
of builder record. I'm working on a dedicated web page for Bingham Ore Cars,
which includes a link to some photos and a couple diagram sheets.

http://www.utahrails.net/bingham/bingham-ore-cars.php

I'm also interested in the original series of steel cars built for Bingham &
Garfield's start-up in 1911. The 1913 annual report for Utah Copper shows that
its B&G subsidiary owned 375 steel hopper bottom ore cars, 75 steel concentrate
cars and 50 general service hopper bottom gondolas. These were all heavy duty
steel cars built to ARA specifications.

Thanks.

Don Strack
http://www.utahrails.net/