Re: Models as Caricatures

jerryglow2

I remember when Dick Kurtz came out with the Freuhauf trailer in the Milepost 501 line. It had scale size rivets and was difficult to paint without loosing them. Silver was easy as it only required a thin coat on the silver molded color but I did one in white.

Jerry Glow

On Sep 21, 2011, at 9:26 PM, Charlie Vlk wrote:

....No matter how well we build our models, none of them if blown
up to 1:1 would be anything but a caricature at best.
Quite right, and that's not to say that anything goes. The objective
is to make those caricatures appear as realistic as possible. Scale
size rivets are all but invisible in HO scale and entirely invisible
in N scale, as Charlie well knows. So we aim to make rivets that are
enough oversize to be clearly visible but not so big that they LOOK
too big. Much of what we do involves the art of illusion. Pay no
attention to the man behind the green curtain.

Richard Hendrickson