From: Larry Sexton <SSEXTON9@...>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 3:26 PM
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: Boats on Flats

I know of several photos of these landing craft loaded on flatcars during WWII. Over 30,000 were built in Louisiana and other inland locations and then shipped by rail to East and West coast ports for maritime shipment and service in the North African, European and Pacific invasions. Apparently the extra width wasn’t that much of a concern, the time being what they were. I think I have photos I can scan if you are interested.

Larry Sexton