From: Ed Hawkins
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] SHPX 13141 help

On Sep 27, 2011, at 4:05 PM, Peter Ness wrote:

> Is there a resource for finding out to whom SHPX cars were assigned
> in the 1950's? I've got a couple of leads I can follow up with on US
> Rubber, but that darned herald on the tank car is driving me batty!

Peter,
Unfortunately I know of no source providing any lessee history on SHPX
tank cars other than original lessees, which are specified in the ACF
bill of materials (cars built from 1931 to 1952). In the case of lot
2141A, apparently all 53 cars were originally placed in pool service as
there are no lessee data specified in the bill of materials.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins