From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Peter Ness
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2011 7:43 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] TADX reporting marks - was SHPX 13141 help

Well, the research continues on T.A.D. Jones tank cars; a fellow New Haven
modeler reports The 1943 Official Railway Equipment register lists T.A.D.
Jones cars as marked "T.A.D. Jones & Co. Inc. ----" and "T.A.D.X. ----" with
numbering in the 1001 to 1032 series, with some gaps, for a total of 24
cars. All listed as 8,000 gallons, TM classification. "Report movements and
mileage, send bills for repairs and make remittances to T.A.D. Jones & Co.,
Inc.. owner (shipper), care of Shippers Car Line Corporation, 30 Church St.,
New York, NY" as of Jan '43.

My 1959 ORER has no listing for TADX, so I am putting out a request for
those with ORER's between '43 and '59 to possibly help determine when the
ownership ceased amd leasing began. I'm guessing that perhaps when the cars
began to be leased that the same cars previously identified with TADX
reporting marks were re-stenciled with SHPX marks. This would have allowed
cars that were already painted with the T.A.D. Jones logo to retain the
herald. Then again, I am not well versed in leasing practices, particularly
a transition from ownership to leasing, so maybe an entire new batch of
tanks was delivered to T.A.D. Jones and the logo was applied to the new
cars.

I'd appreciate any information that turns up on TADX cars.

Best regards,
Peter