From: Peter Ness <prness@roadrunner.com>
To: STMFC <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Oct 3, 2011 7:43 pm
Subject: [STMFC] TADX reporting marks - was SHPX 13141 help

Well, the research continues on T.A.D. Jones tank cars; a fellow New Haven
modeler reports The 1943 Official Railway Equipment register lists T.A.D. Jones
cars as marked "T.A.D. Jones & Co. Inc. ----" and "T.A.D.X. ----" with numbering
in the 1001 to 1032 series, with some gaps, for a total of 24 cars. All listed
as 8,000 gallons, TM classification. "Report movements and mileage, send bills
for repairs and make remittances to T.A.D. Jones & Co., Inc.. owner (shipper),
care of Shippers Car Line Corporation, 30 Church St., New York, NY" as of Jan
'43.

My 1959 ORER has no listing for TADX, so I am putting out a request for those
with ORER's between '43 and '59 to possibly help determine when the ownership
ceased amd leasing began. I'm guessing that perhaps when the cars began to be
leased that the same cars previously identified with TADX reporting marks were
re-stenciled with SHPX marks. This would have allowed cars that were already
painted with the T.A.D. Jones logo to retain the herald. Then again, I am not
well versed in leasing practices, particularly a transition from ownership to
leasing, so maybe an entire new batch of tanks was delivered to T.A.D. Jones and
the logo was applied to the new cars.

I'd appreciate any information that turns up on TADX cars.

Best regards,
Peter