Re: Another reporting mark question, UDX 787

Richard Orr <SUVCWORR@...>

From the National Railway Historical Society reporting mark database

http://www.nrhs.com/reporting_marks/aar_reporting_marks.htm

United Dairy Company April 1938

With only one date that is most likely the only time it appeared in an ORER

Rich Orr

-----Original Message-----
From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
soolinehistory
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 12:01 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] Another reporting mark question, UDX 787

Since everybody has their ORERs out, how about another obscure reporting
mark question. Over on the SooLineHistory list, we had some ca. 1935 milk
train consists presented, and one of the cars was UDX 787. I looked in the
2/29 ORER I have, but no luck, so here's my questions:

Was this a milk tank or "can car"?
Who was the owning (or leasing) company?
Where was home for maintenance and repair?

Dennis