From: Benjamin Hom<mailto:b.hom@att.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com<mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Warped Plastic Gondola

Paul Hillman asked:
"I have an older HO 40ft plastic drop-bottom gondola (AHM maybe) that I want to
re-detail and letter for the C&EI.

The problem is it developed an upwards hump/warp in the middle. The whole car
body warped up about 3/32", while packed away for a long spell.

I think I remember it mentioned on this list about how to heat-up a plastic car
like this and re-flatten it out, like in an oven at 100 deg.? maybe?

Any suggestions about how to do this correctly? I don't want to wind up with a
melted experimentation on my own."

Paul, can you post pictures of the model? The real first step is to see if it's
worth salvaging - if it's the old AHM 40 ft gon, I'll be happy to send you a
replacement. If it's an older HO scale plastic composite drop-bottom gon, it's
not an AHM model, but the old Walthers USRA composite gon.

Ben Hom