B&O M-53 was Re: B&O, GM&N

Donald B. Valentine

--- In STMFC@..., SUVCWORR@... wrote:

Regarding the B&O M-53 -- the brown color is correct for the paint schemes for which it is used Pre WWII and during the war. The red color was adopted post WWII and is being used by FVM with the appropriate P/L schemes.

The brown cars did run into the 50's until being repainted.

Equally important for those of us modeling the mid to late 1940's
approximately when was the brighter red first used? I, too, have noted the difference and it can add variety to a freight train but I do not wish to use it and than find it did not come into general use until after 1948.

Thanks for any assistance, Don Valentine