Re: B&O M-53 was Re: B&O, GM&N

O Fenton Wells

Great photo John. This brings up an interesting question for a novice
freight car fan. The picture shows a New Haven boxcar. I was told by
someone that the doors on these cars were painted black. This one is not.
Do I have incorrect info? Any knowledgeable NH fans out there that can set
me straight?
Fenton Wells
On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 2:11 PM, boyds1949 <e27ca@verizon.net> wrote:

**

Here is a link to a photo in (I think)the University of Indiana collection
showing an M-26 in the first 13 great states lettering. In this case, the
color is definitely a version of the oxide red.

http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/collections/cushman/full/P06941.jpg

I have a slide, taken in 1946 at Brunswick, that shows a couple of M-15s in
the same lettering but in what appears to be brown paint. I guess it
depended on how much old paint was still in the barrel.

John King

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, SUVCWORR@... wrote:

The "red" paint began with the 13 great states lettering scheme in 1946.
These cars are in the second run scheduled for release in the Spring of
2012.

Rich Orr