cars were
all correct.

Vince Altiere

In a message dated 10/22/2011 12:53:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
SUVCWORR@aol.com writes:

The "red" paint began with the 13 great states lettering scheme in 1946.
These cars are in the second run scheduled for release in the Spring of
2012.

Rich Orr

-----Original Message-----
From: Don <riverman_vt@yahoo.com>
To: STMFC <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sat, Oct 22, 2011 12:07 pm
Subject: B&O M-53 was Re: [STMFC] B&O, GM&N

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, SUVCWORR@... wrote:
Regarding the B&O M-53 -- the brown color is correct for the paint schemes
for
hich it is used Pre WWII and during the war. The red color was adopted
post
WII and is being used by FVM with the appropriate P/L schemes.

The brown cars did run into the 50's until being repainted.

Equally important for those of us modeling the mid to late 1940's
pproximately when was the brighter red first used? I, too, have noted the
ifference and it can add variety to a freight train but I do not wish to
use it
nd than find it did not come into general use until after 1948.
Thanks for any assistance, Don Valentine