Re: Lisle RPM

Tim O'Connor

In August 2001 I stayed for 3 nights at the Chicago Hilton on the
waterfront with my whole family for $50 a night... I wonder if the
organizers of the meet just assume that a downtown venue would be
more expensive but maybe it wouldn't be? I just thought of this
because the Hilton had a great lounge and a very good restaurant.
Also the 5th floor has a giant swimming pool, sauna and massage... :-)

Tim O'Connor

Just a quick "Thank You" to Joe and all involved in putting on the Lisle RPM
meet (formerly.... and soon to be again... known as "Naperville").
I thought the hotel rooms were quite nice, although the toilets sounded
like a freight train going into emergency. The facility was adequate
overall, but kind of a rat maze. I heard there were 300+ people there but
there wasn't any central gathering point like there is at the lobby of the
old Naperville hotel.

Ever notice how few night owls there are anymore? I remember the glorious
90s when we'd close down the bar at Naperville and there would still be 4
tables and 20-25 people. I think I must be the last night owl... always
have been. Now I just go to my room and get on the laptop.

Andy