Re: making you own chalk marks (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jack Burgess

Elden wrote:
<I was introduced to that on the west coast some years ago, and would
<just add
<that it is either a technique you like....or not. You have to try it
<and see
<if it meets your expectations. I use both; decals for new, and pencil
<for
<old/smeared marks.

I add chalk mark decals to a model at the same time I do the rest of the
decals and then lightly overspray the chalk marks with the base color using
an air brush...this makes them somewhat disappear and "turn" into old,
barely visible chalk marks. When all of the weathering is done, I might add
some fresh chalk marks using Clover House dry transfers...

Jack Burgess
Newark, CA