From: "Anthony Thompson" <thompson@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thursday, November 3, 2011 12:49:59 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Paint mix

Jared Harper wrote:
Some time ago I got a paint mix for galvanized metal roofs. I
believe it had flat silver and SP lettering gray. Please, does
anyone remember the mix?
Unless you want to depict rather recent paint failure, remember
that galvanized oxidizes fairly quickly to a dull gray and no longer
looks metallic. And since it's surface-treated before painting, it is
not shiny even at that point. I just use light gray to show areas of
paint failure.

Publishers of books on railroad history