From: Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Sun, November 6, 2011 7:05:07 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Bulkhead F-70-6 flat

Ron Merrick wrote:
I picked up one of the Intermountain-made SP F-70-6 bulkhead flats.
Very nice. A lot of my other cars are in storage, so I can't check
what I did before, but I looked at the prototype photos in the SP
book and can't tell exactly what the best choice of truck would be
(this prototype is older than most of the new 70-trucks that are now
available) so what looks best to me is the Tahoe 50-ton Barber
lateral motion truck. Anybody have a better idea?
Actually, Ron, they were shepherded through production by
InterMountain, but were produced from dies owned by the Southern
Pacific Historical & Technical Society, and are sold only by the
Society.
The Class F-70-6 cars were delivered with ASF A-3 70-ton
trucks. This truck is available from Tahoe Model Works.

Publishers of books on railroad history