Re: Stock Car Question

John H <sprinthag@...>

Well, it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out how much the livestock weighs. Let's see now .... hmmm. a three lb package of hamburger weighs three lbs so a one lb canned ham would weigh ...

Oh never mind.

John Hagen

Doug Harding wrote:
Steve, that in general is correct. Railroads and Livestock Shipping
Associations have published such data for many years. Here is a chart
showing how many animals of a given size will fit in a stockcar.
Thanks, Doug. Very helpful. But heck. Now I have to decide how
HEAVY my livestock is. Ah, the ever-elusive prototype reality! Such a
challenge!

Publishers of books on railroad history