Re: Brake chain connection to brake lever...

Pieter Roos

While I I'm pretty sure Jim was joking, I have considered the best approach to modeling the chain on cars. I used to add the chain in the slack position also, but it occurred to me recently that this detail is much more visible on cars stopped on a side track than moving in a train, and is wrong in one situation or the other. I'm thinking of modeling it taught, so that stopped cars would be correct.

Clearly, too much time thinking here... What do non-model-railroaders worry about...

Pieter Roos
Connecticut

--- In STMFC@..., Jim Betz <jimbetz@...> wrote:

Jack,

Did you notice that your crummy became more free rolling due to
modeling the chain in the un-applied position? What are your
operators supposed to do when they want to park the caboose to
work a siding?

At least one good thing - the proto police are going to be

<frustrated>

when they show up at your layout! Besides - there probably aren't
many of them that can quote chapter and verse on the size of the
links and the number of links per foot on a particular YV caboose.

*G* ... Jim