Re: Car Builders Cyclopedias

Ian Cranstone

On 2011-11-24, at 12:47 PM, Rupert & Maureen wrote:

Direct access to Google Books is not available outside the U.S. (not sure about Canada).
Not available in Canada either. However, I was able to download a number of Official Railway Equipment Registers by utilizing a U.S.-based proxy server. Your mileage may vary here, and I discovered that my employer had blocked access to the proxy servers I tried to access (and since my use wasn't work related, it was a little hard to ask for exceptional access...)

And prior to discovering that, I spent some time at an internet cafe just across the border in New York state -- it made for an interesting day: run in a dogsled race, and then sit around for a while with my laptop downloading, then come back for the second day and repeat.

Ian Cranstone
Osgoode, Ontario, Canada
lamontc@...
http://freightcars.nakina.net